Foundational & Classical Pilates Mat Training – 125 Hours
Dates: April 5, 6, 7, 26, 27, 28, May 3, 4, 5, June 7, 8, 9, 2019.
Prerequisites: Some experience with Pilates classes is strongly preferred.
What You’ll learn:
You’ll master the entire repertoire of Pilates mat exercises from beginner to advanced, and build the skills to teach a safe, productive Pilates mat class. You’ll also develop functional understanding of the musculoskeletal system so you can properly assess students’ posture and alignment.
We’ll delve into effective visual and verbal cues, how to make hands-on adjustments, smart class progression and sequencing, and modifications/contraindications for special populations.
You’ll leave with the keen eye of a Pilates teacher, and the ability to move students forward in a positive way.
We’re proud to offer this training with our partner Synergy Sports Medicine & Rehabilitation
Classroom learning: 68 hours
- 42 hours classroom learning
- 20 hours anatomy and landmarking lectures
- 6 hours on special populations
- Exam included
Self Practice: 40 hours
- 10 hours observation
- 20 hours personal practice
- 10 hours practice teaching
Homework: 17 hours
- 7 hours for assignments
- 10 hours of classes taken at either Synergy or Inhabit
Weekend Intensive hours:
- Friday 1:00pm – 7:00pm
- Saturday 1:00pm – 7:00pm
- Sunday 10:00am – 5:00pm
- Trail Guide to the Body, by Andrew Biel
- Pilates Return to Life Through Contrology, by Joseph Pilates
- The PMA Pilates Certification Exam Study Guide
SPECIAL WORKSHOP TOPICS:
- Pelvic floor dysfunction
- Basic neurology and muscle testing
- Older population
- Charting and record keeping
Testing & Certification: The exam includes a written test, a practical teaching exam, and an oral examination. Successful candidates will receive a Certificate from Inhabit Pilates and Movement for mat training.
FEE: $2500 +HST*
*$2300 +HST Early Bird Pricing available until March 1st, 2019.
Please fill out the application HERE.
Contact email@example.com with any questions.